A special Parish Support Team have been working to assist with the necessary planning, adjustments and protocols that will ensure we can begin again to safely gather for Mass. This will allow us to gather for public Masses commencing Wednesday 15th July.
Because of the virus there will be re-adjustments to the Mass schedule and to the layout and seating arrangements in our churches in order to ensure the safety of all who attend.
- There will be strick limited capacity with each of our churches for some time in order to ensure social distancing in accordance with current guidelines.
- There will be a limited number of Masses for people to attend during each week. One in Lisdeen Church (Wednesday evening) and two in Kilkee Church (Friday evening and Sunday morning). The obligation to attend Mass on Sunday is suspended at this time and those who wish to attend a weekly Mass should choose to attend on Mass from the schedule that will be in operation.
- It is most important that people who are vulnerable or unwell, and especially those with any symptoms that might suggest a Covid-19 infection should stay at home.
- A new webcam has been installed in Kilkee Church. This will facilitate those who may wish to join us online when Mass is being celebrated in Kilkee Church. Click here to view the Webcam.
- The Lisdeen Mass on Wednesday evening will be streamed live on the Kilkee Parish Facebook Page
Our churches will be sanitised before and after use. A deep clean of both churches is taking place this coming week in order to have them ready for reopening.
Thank you at all times for your support and co-operation. We ask for your patience and understanding as we negotiate this slow and gradual return to public worship in our churches.